Starkey are looking for a motivated and organised individual to co-ordinate product releases to the U.K marketplace.
Within this exciting role you will have an opportunity to also provide product support services and education to our customers.
- Periodically manage the product release process by:
- Involve key launch team members, in the future product release process, and providing forecast requirements to ensure a smooth introduction.
- Test and evaluate software and associated programming equipment.
- Test new software and new products compatibility prior to release.
- Provide, where required, staff training by completing internal training specific to each Department.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge, and professional licences by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Work alongside the professional services team to design and deliver online training services.
- Ensure for all products released, that the companies price and product list, internal intranet and order forms are continually updated through additions/edits – Create clarity and understanding through strong communication to all staff.
- Use and effectively promote ‘Audiology On Demand’ and other online resources to research and resolve audiological and technical issues to support customers.
- Provide assistance with creation of product and software user guides, and instructions for use for Starkey customers and end users.
- Support all customer facing staff with regular product additions and updates. Sufficient information should be provided to assist in maximising their sales and provide clear communication to Starkey customers.
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude and be an active and supportive team member.
- Be able to understand local regulations to ensure all products produced comply with the requirements.
- Liaising with the USA Headquarters to obtain all relevant new product information.
- Coordinating tasks involved with all internal departments, and communicating product information to all involved.
You Should Be
- Efficient, organised and timely at meeting deadlines.
- Have an ability to keep cool under pressure.
- A strong communicator.
- Good at problem solving.
- Able to communicate complex technical ideas in a straightforward way.
- Computer literate – MS Office necessary; Oracle and SharePoint an advantage.
- Flexible, to consider prioritising tasks according to demand and timescale.
- Confident when dealing with customers, or other Starkey personnel.
You Will Need
- Audiology degree or equivalent qualification enabling registration with RCCP/HCPC/AHCS is not essential but desirable.
- 2-year Clinical Audiology experience desirable.
- Experience in working with hearing aids or a manufacturer.
Benefits of employment
- Salary based upon experience.
- Starkey operates Group Personal Pension scheme, contributions between 4% – 8%, Starkey will match your contribution.
- Death In Service benefit, four times annual salary in the event of a claim.
- 20 days’ holiday increasing to maximum of 25 days (plus bank holidays).
- Subsidised restaurant.
- Free onsite car parking.
How to Apply
To register your interest in this position, please contact Paul Lamb via phone or email:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 0800 042 0000 or confidentially via mobile 07711 151230
Transforming the hearing care industry
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a recognized world leader in high quality audio technology. We serve our customers by providing a broad range of hearing devices that meet a variety of hearing needs.
Through unsurpassed customer service practices, we strive to bring a human touch to hearing healthcare. Starkey Hearing Technologies’ family of companies includes Audibel, Micro-Tech, NuEar, and Starkey.
Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Vet/Disabled.